General Practitioner - Kununurra (DPA/MMM7)
- No % - Attractive remuneration package | Aboriginal Health
- Suitable for RACGP PEP/FSP, RVTS, RGTS & ACRRM Independent Pathway
- Great work-life balance | Maximum moratorium reduction
Are you looking for a culturally rich and rewarding location where you can contribute to better health outcomes and working towards targets to Close the Gap?
We have an excellent opportunity for a VR GP to join a well established Aboriginal Medical Service (AMS) providing comprehensive health care to the Aboriginal people in the Kununurra region
- Salaried role + super + housing + vehicle
- Generous paid leave provisions and relocation assistance
- No weekends, after hours or on call work required
- Public holidays are paid days off
- On-site SMO and collegial team of GPs
- Great management, midwife/nursing team & aboriginal health workers
- Opportunity to explore surrounding communities through outreach clinics in the region
- AGPET & ACRRM training accredited
- Visa sponsorship available (conditions apply)
Prior remote experience is not essential but to be successful in this role you will need to be committed to providing culturally sensitive healthcare and should demonstrate an interest in working closely with Aboriginal communities, to understand their health issues and work with them to find solutions.
Kununurra is situated among the scenic hills and ranges of the far north-east Kimberley Region, having an abundance of fresh water conserved by the Ord River Diversion and the main Ord River Dam.
- Located 37km from the border of the Northern Territory, a quick easy flight from Darwin or 3hr flight to Perth
- Enjoy a warm climate all year long
- Great primary school options
- DPA location suitable for FSP, PEP Specialist Pathway, ACRRM Independent Pathway, ACRRM Specialist Pathway, RGTS, RVTS & MDRAP
To register your interest in this position and arrange a time to meet with the team, please contact:Melissa IrvinePrincipal Consultant0435 773 firstname.lastname@example.org